Summer Research Fellowships 2023
- Call for applications! Application Deadline is Friday, Mar. 24, 2023.
- Registered UC Davis graduate students in good standing (MA and PhD students are eligible)•NOT received prior HIA Summer Fellowship funding
- HIA research awards are for pre-dissertation field research; they are not to be used for advanced dissertation research. The grantsrange from $500 to $2,000.
- Travel to Latin American and the Caribbean only
- Travel within the US may be permitted for Latinx Studies projects with a transnational focus
- Time spent abroad up to three months
- Travel must be completed by September 30, 2023
The fellowships are based on our belief that UCD will allow international travel in summer 2023. International travel must be permitted by UCD to use these funds.
The Institutional Review Board Administration (IRB) created an investigator manual that outlines the duties and responsibilities of investigators engaged in human subject’s research at UCD. The IRB highly recommends that all first time and current
principal investigators review and utilize this manual before and during their research.
For more information, visit: http://research.ucdavis.edu/ policiescompliance/irb-admin/researchers/
The grant is for preparation of dissertation research and can be used to meet any of the following:
- to acquire a comprehensive knowledge of language and culture
- to become familiar with information sources relevant to your studies
- to conduct pilot studies and preliminary investigations
- to develop contacts with scholars and institutions in your field
- to conduct ethnographic field work
To apply, please send the application as a PDF to Amanda Aguilo: email@example.com by Friday, March 24, 2023
- A proposal narrative (single PDF, 1 to 2 pages, double spaced) that describes your project and its relevance to your degree. Please outline the objectives of your project and the methods to be used.
- A basic itemized budget explaining your proposed field research expenses.
- A brief recommendation letter from your advisor that is specific to your proposed project.