- Carol Hess Talk Jan 15, 2014 from 12:00 PM to 01:30 PM — 273 Social Science & Humanities Building,
- Carol Hess, UC Davis Professor of Music, will present her book, Representing the Good Neighbor: Music, Difference, and the Pan American Dream, published by Oxford University Press in September, 2013. In it, she compares the reception of Latin American concert music in the United States during the Good Neighbor period and the Cold War, arguing that the ongoing marginalization of this repertory is rooted in conflicting—and highly politicized—concepts of difference and cosmopolitanism.
- Check out our list of events that is being updated constantly! HIA brings many great speakers, authors, photographers and scholars to campus every year - and its all FREE for you!
- Image, Body, and Botany in Ancient South America Oct 29, 2013 from 04:00 PM to 05:30 PM — Everson 157,
- Lisa Trever, Assistant Professor of Pre‐Columbian Art and Visual Studies, History of Art Department, UC Berkeley